Just 10m and 12m Complete left!
THE SUMMIT CONTINUES TO DEFINE HIGH PERFORMANCE AND VERSATILITY FOR DEDICATED SNOWKITE RIDERS WHO ARE LOOKING FOR HIGH SPEED MOUNTAIN CLIMBING OR BLASTING THROUGH THE POWDER WITH A FAST TURNING KITE. THE FOURTH VERSION HAS DIRECTLY BENEFITED FROM OUR R1 V2 RACE DEVELOPMENT KNOWLEDGE, ALLOWING US TO IMPROVE PERFORMANCE, HANDLING AND STABILITY.
The Summit V4 is perfect for progressive riders – it will allow the adventurous to push the boundaries of the snowy backcountry. The V4 has so much potential due to its amazing power generation in light winds but also big de-power in strong winds. Combine that with fast direct handling and you have the ultimate open foil Snowkite.
Each aspect of the V4 has been calculated using the latest development techniques to produce a kite that pushes the limit of design. With our new software and our years of experience we have put together a unique combination of aspect ratio, cell width, profile and sail tension.
The Summit V4 now boasts the same internal load distribution technology as the R1 V2. The new diagonal ribs and internal straps connect to each other creating a structural frame, which reduces load going into the upper and lower surfaces. This new technology brings further gains in stability and handling to the V4.
The airfoil section has also been recalculated and smoothed to improve the kites speed and feeling. New flexible lightweight plastic battens are precisely positioned at each Leading Edge cell opening – the battens enhance structure of the openings, this means quicker and easier inflation.
The Summit V4 is available as a Kite Only option that comes with the lightweight Kompressor Bag, or Kite Complete with the Contact-Snow Control System and technical mountain Backpack. We recommend adding the Kompressor Bag to the kite complete option to keep your kite packed and secured as small as possible.
The SUMMIT V4 is available in 6m, 8m, 10m, 12m & 15m. Custom colours are also available.
REVOLUTIONARY INTERNAL RE-RIDE RELEASE SYSTEM
The Internal Re-Ride Release System is the result of two years research and development by our design team and pro riders, with the aim to create the safest system on the market. The goal was to have a release system that once activated the kite can easily be re-launched without having to untangle or clear any lines. Our unique Re-Ride Release System stalls the kite with an internal line – the kite de-powers instantly without tangling and will sit on the ground ready to re-launch when you’re ready again.
Another big advantage of our Internal Re-Ride Release System is the land and secure option. We have added the Secure Loop in the line approx 2m away from the rider. To land the kite simply pull the 5th line through the chicken loop until you reach the Secure Loop. The kite will stall and fall to the ground without any pull. Use the Secure Loop in the 5th line to keep the kite on the ground – it can either be hooked onto a carabineer on your harness or over the bar horn. This makes landing and packing your kite safe and easy even in high winds.
We thoroughly enjoyed developing and testing the Internal Re-Ride Release System. It has made mountain climbing and packing on top so much more enjoyable, safe, easy and quick for the user.
- The Internal Re-Ride Release System cannot be upgraded to older kites as it includes lines that are running inside your kite.
- For reverse launch and light wind landing we have kept the Brake Stall Handle between the back leader lines.
- Designed with OZ-CAD – The FUTURE is NOW – All Ozone kites are designed and developed using our own highly advanced custom built CAD software. Our designers are able to work with parameters specifically formulated to calculate unique aspects required in technical Inflatable and Foil kites. Part of our design team is dedicated to the upgrade of the CAD code and addition of new modules and features to the program as the development of our kites continues.
- Exceptional Ozone Factory construction – World-class construction in our own factory, using the highest quality materials and hand checked Quality Control at every step. The Ozone factory also manufactures our Paragliding and Speed Wing range; the same Quality Control processes are used across all products.
- Internal Re-Ride Release System – The Internal Re-Ride Release System is the result of two years research and development by our design team and pro riders, with the aim to create the safest system on the market. Our unique Re-Ride Release System stalls the kite with an internal line – the kite de-powers instantly without tangling and will sit on the ground ready to re-launch when you’re ready again.
- Double pulley Speed System – Using high spec low friction Ronstan Orbit pulleys to reduce wear and rider fatigue while improve feeling and performance of the kite.
- High quality OzTex 40D – We use durable OzTex 40D material on our standard range of snow kites. This material sets the benchmark in quality with proven superiority in durability and dynamics for snow specific kites.
- Fool proof line connectors – Fool proof, colour coded and numbered line connectors prevent incorrect rigging of the flying lines to the kite.
- LE opening battens – Flexible lightweight plastic battens are precisely positioned at each Leading Edge cell opening. The battens enhance structure of the openings, this means quicker and easier inflation.
- Internal diagonals and straps – Internal span-wise straps work in unison with optimized diagonal ribs, distributing load from the bridles evenly and effectively. This increases the internal structural balance that helps control the kites top and bottom surfaces to maintain the designed shape and profile without being distorted from indirect tension or loads.
- Sheathed Bridle Lines – High quality, low stretch sheathed Dyneema bridle lines for maximum strength and performance. This is the same bridle line we have used on our Snowkite range for the past 10 years.
- Comparable feeling throughout the size range – We work extensively during our R&D process on each and every kite to develop a range of sizes that feel in tune with each other.
Summit V4 Ultralight
THE SUMMIT V4 IS ALSO AVAILABLE IN AN ULTRALIGHT VERSION. THIS IS THE SAME DESIGN PRODUCED WITH HIGH QUALITY LIGHT WEIGHT MATERIALS AND WITH OUT THE BLOW-OUT VALVES TO REDUCE WEIGHT AND PACKING VOLUME TO A MINIMUM – IDEAL FOR TRAVELLING AND EXPEDITIONS. THE ULTRALIGHT VERSION IS 25% LIGHTER AND PACKS DOWN TO AROUND HALF THE SIZE!
The UltraLight offers true performance increases and enhanced flying characteristics. It inflates quicker, launches in lighter winds, flies faster, stays in the air longer in gusty conditions, and is more reactive even in the lightest breeze.
It is the kite of choice for those who want to explore – it might be mountains you have to skin up before kiting the ridges, or a vast wilderness you are attempting to cross, so you want as little weight as possible for those days you have to walk.
The technical backpack is the same design as the standard version using lighter materials. To reduce weight and packing volume even further we have use unsheathed spliced and stitched Edelrid bridle line – this line is not just lighter and thinner, it also reduces parasitic drag resulting in faster flying and tighter turns.
The kite must be carefully looked after, it needs an experienced rider who knows how to keep the kite up in the air and how to handle it gently on the ground. The UltraLight kites will be produced on request only, please contact your local dealer/distributor and order early to plan for production and delivery time.
CONTACT SNOW CONTROL SYSTEM
THE CONTACT SNOW CONTROL SYSTEM OFFERS THE LATEST IN RELEASE FEATURES, A CLEAN CONTROL BAR DESIGN AND A SIMPLE EASY-TO-USE TRIMMING SYSTEM.
Push Away Quick Release – The control system features our Megatron push-away quick release with total flag out of the kite. The release handle is ergonomic with positive release forces for quick and easy release. Simple re-assembly saves time and gets you back up and riding faster.
- Two Release Modes
- Anti-twist Flag Out Line and Spinning Handle
- Auto Positioning Chicken Loop
- Easy Flying Line Sorting
- Hand Brake Handle
- Magnetic Trim Handle
- Low Friction Centre Piece
- PU Covered De-power Line
- Ronstan Orbit Pulley
- Clamcleat Trimmer
- 500kg/300kg Flying Lines
- Back Line Trim Option
- Ergonomic EVA Grip
- 45cm, 50cm and 55cm Sizes
Based on 80kg average rider
Kite Only – Kite, Kompressor Bag, Repair pack
Complete – Kite, Technical Bag, Control System, Repair pack