BUILT FOR SIMPLICITY AND EASE OF USE FOR ALL RIDER LEVELS, THE EXPLORE IS THE MASTER OF ACCESSIBILITY. THIS SINGLE SURFACE DESIGN OPENS UP A WORLD OF SNOWKITING OPPORTUNITIES, ALLOWING YOU TO RIDE CONFIDENTLY IN AN INSTANT, ADVENTURE IN NEW TERRAIN AND DISCOVER NATURE’S SNOWY WONDERS.
The Explore is powerful for its size and delivers consistent pull throughout the wind window. It de-powers instantly without surging across the middle of the window, and generates minimal upward lift making it very user friendly to learn on. It is comfortable to fly due to the relatively slow flying speed, and the single surface design means it is exceptionally resistant to crash damage.
The Explore V2 features an increased aspect ratio and an optimised profile that greatly improve upwind performance as well as jumping capabilities. The reduced drag of the V2 also expands the top end wind range, and the Explore retains good controllability and bar feel even when fully trimmed (de-powered). These characteristics make the Explore an amazing kite for entry level and intermediate riders, providing the confidence to progress and improve your Snowkiting skills.
For advanced riders the Explore offers a whole new feeling, opening up new ways of riding and pushing the boundaries. It has versatile handling depending on your ability – tight and dynamic or slow lazy loops, both essential for navigating difficult terrain.
The Explore V2 is available in one version with materials optimised for the conditions in which the kite will be used. Ultra Light 20D material is used on the 8m, 10 and 12m sizes. A tougher, yet still lightweight, 30D is used on the 4m and 6m strong wind kites.
The bridles are made using an optimised mixture of sheathed and unsheathed lines. Ultralight unsheathed lines are used close to the kite to reduce drag and improve performance, while the sheathed lower lines are more resistant to tangling and to snagging on hard snow.
We believe the opportunities are endless, what are you waiting for, go Explore!
The EXPLORE V2 is available in 4m, 6m, 8m, 10m and 12m. Custom colours are also available.
REVOLUTIONARY INTERNAL RE-RIDE RELEASE SYSTEM
Our unique Internal Re-Ride Release System is the market leading Snowkite release and landing system. It has made mountain climbing and packing so much more enjoyable, safe, easy and quick for the user. When activated the kite de-powers instantly without tangling, and will sit on the ground ready to re-launch when you’re ready again.
Another advantage of our Internal Re-Ride Release System is the land and secure option. To land the kite simply pull the 5th line until you reach the Secure Loop which can be found approx 2m up from the control bar. The kite will stall and fall to the ground without any pull. Use the Secure Loop in the 5th line to keep the kite on the ground – it can be hooked onto the kite leash clip, or slipped over the bar end. This makes landing and packing your kite safe and easy even in high winds. The Brake Handle spanned between the back leader lines on the control system makes reverse launch and light wind landing easy.
- Designed with OZ-CAD – The FUTURE is NOW – All Ozone kites are designed and developed using our own highly advanced custom built CAD software. Our designers are able to work with parameters specifically formulated to calculate unique aspects required in technical Inflatable and Foil kites. Part of our design team is dedicated to the upgrade of the CAD code and addition of new modules and features to the program as the development of our kites continues.
- Exceptional Ozone Factory construction – World-class construction in our own factory, using the highest quality materials and hand checked Quality Control at every step. The Ozone factory also manufactures our Paragliding and Speed Wing range; the same Quality Control processes are used across all products.
- Internal Re-Ride Release System – The Internal Re-Ride Release System is the result of two years research and development by our design team and pro riders, with the aim to create the safest system on the market. Our unique Re-Ride Release System stalls the kite with an internal line – the kite de-powers instantly without tangling and will sit on the ground ready to re-launch when you’re ready again.
- High Performance Ultra Light Materials – High quality Ultra Light materials have been used extensively on our Kites and Paragliders since 2011. Using Ultra Light materials translates to true performance increases – the kite inflates quicker, flies faster and is more reactive even in the lightest breeze.
- Spanwise Bridge Lines – Lines running across the underside of the kite take the place of internal straps and diagonals on double surface kites, distributing load from the bridles evenly and effectively. This avoids excessive span-wise tension being transmitted into the canopy and allows its profile and billow to be controlled more precisely.
- Low Drag Bridle Lines – To reduce weight and packing volume even further on the Ultra Light version kites, we use unsheathed spliced and stitched Edelrid line. This line is not only lighter and thinner, it also reduces parasitic drag resulting in faster flying and tighter turns.
- Tuned Bridle Geometry – We work extensively during our R&D process to develop the size range to feel in tune with each other. Every kite has a unique bridle layout, individually tested and fine-tuned to maximize the feeling and performance
- Dirt Out Wing Tips – The Velcro sealed cells at the tips can be opened for cleaning the kite. Always clean your kite by emptying any snow or debris as this will prolong the life of the kite and help it fly as designed.
- Fool proof line connectors – Fool proof, colour coded and numbered line connectors prevent incorrect rigging of the flying lines to the kite.
|Bar Size||45cm (20m lines)||50cm (22m lines)||55cm ( 22m lines)|
We recommend the Contact Snow V4 bar.
Based on 80kg average rider
Kite Only – Kite, Kompressor Bag, Repair pack