Flying fast, bred to shred and toned and tough from tip-to-tip, the all new Flux V1 has been designed by perfectly orienting proven, cutting edge materials to deliver extreme aerodynamic performance with a huge sweet spot.
Flying fast, bred to shred
- Sensational air speed and immense power management
- Drastically reduced drag improves all areas of performance
- Super-direct connection via ergonomic carbon fibre handles with EVA grip
- High-aspect-ratio design with swept-leading edge planform for incredible glide
- Exotically featured, material enriched, super-fast and fun
After almost 80 prototypes, the Flux flies faster than any wing we’ve ever made. Not only does it create more immediate power, but the Flux’s precisely tightened canopy structure can now hold and manage far more wind. Load it up and the Flux will keep its shape and create more usable power instead of deforming.
Ride with the type of freedom that’s only possible when you drastically reduce the feeling of drag in a wing.
All you need to do is maintain a comfortable riding position while the Flux automatically shifts seamlessly through its gears; accelerating harder through the wind to allow you to push your limits beyond expectation.
Made for this: it’s time to get better at everything
Trying to imagine the performance possibilities in a rapidly evolving sport like wingfoiling is a mind blowing task as riders continue to demand an expansion of their wing’s remit and capabilities.
Enter the Flux…
If you want to outpace the pack, jump higher, rip waves more freely or simply blast hard and fast across the open ocean, the Flux is supercharged with incredible air speed and power management. Add in the super-connected handling feel and then get ready to enjoy mind-altering sessions.
WHEN PERFORMANCE IS PARAMOUNT – ENTER THE FLUX
We knew it was time to throw everything into developing a wing to deliver the type of true high-performance that matters to most wingers; speed and control, because every aspect of your own performance stems from there.
The aim was to design a product to fuel riders’ confidence levels in stronger conditions, but the Flux goes far beyond that; it delivers an entirely new sense of connection so you can engage more completely with the wind at both ends of its strength spectrum.
The Flux V1 features more panels than any other wing in our range to help reach the ideal load bearing structure and a super tight canopy for next level handling.
Each size in the range has an optimised shape to ensure you feel like you’re riding the same family of designs. Whether charging super high into wind on the smaller sizes, or holding more wind than you could imagine on the bigger sizes, every Flux model will help you ride faster and in more control.
The advantages of using a wing with less drag and reduced luffing will continue to reveal itself as your moves flow far more sweetly.
BLENDED PERFORMANCE ZONES
Our aim with every product is to make them fly as efficiently as possible but not at the expense of balancing the belief that our customers should be buying the best made product possible.
Owning our own factory in Vietnam that exclusively makes Ozone products offers real freedom in design.
Accelerating aerodynamic performance requires a complex blend of material selection with an intricate understanding of their implementation. Having 100% access to the factory gives our designers a unique advantage when it comes to understanding material application.
For a super high performance model like the Flux, it’s not only the materials themselves, but the intricate positioning and then handmade craftsmanship by our expert team of sewers that are key to the Flux’s superior aerodynamic handling.
While much of the design journey through the 80+ prototypes was about finding the magic point at which all these elements work in harmony, there are five features outlined below that really supercharge the handling in the Flux and help create its bigger sweet spot.
01: PRE-LOADED LEADING EDGE
Say goodbye to baggy canopy cloth and hello to more performance and a longer lasting shape.
Using a performance Dacron material that is rigid and strong has allowed our designers to pre-load the leading edge and shape it to experience drastically less deformation under load.
Combined with optimised sail shaping and horizontal panels for a tighter canopy, the Flux delivers huge aerodynamic performance gains.
02: 20% LIGHTER AND STIFFER PERFORMANCE DACRON
The 125g performance Dacron of the leading edge is also used in the strut and further accentuates the superb rigidity in the frame. In combination with the new rigid handles the connection levels feel like you’re part of the wind!
Buckling under pressure is now far less of a concern and the Flux’s pre-loaded leading edge and stiffened strut work sublimely well in partnership with the other design features. A new, bigger sweet spot in handling will allow you to find more control in stronger conditions, point higher into the wind, reach higher speeds and also pump with greater efficiency, which makes the wing’s bottom end even more potent.
03: MULTIPLIED SEAM STRENGTH AND CLEANER AERODYNAMICS
The leading edge features a high cell count which creates a more perfectly curved shape, resulting in a purer aerofoil.
The Flux is also designed with many more horizontal panels in the sail itself, distributing the load better along the warp of the fabric. From strut to tip, each seam creates a stronger line connection in the sail and takes more of the load, reducing canopy stretch.
We build natural strength into our products and therefore, more often than not, you’ll find our designs are lighter than even our competitors’ ‘exclusive’ reduced weight designs. Read more under in the ‘Born Light’ tab.
04: CARBON FIBRE HANDLES WITH EVA GRIP
Ergonomically angled front and back carbon fibre handles with EVA grip provide maximum control and comfort with incredible feel and response.
The front handle mount features a soft bumper to protect your head and board during water starts.
05: FORCE FIELD PERIMETER = PRIME PERFORMANCE FOR LONGER
Positioned specifically where canopy loads are greatest, a new, stronger canopy material on the leading and trailing edges provides a force field shield around the central mainsail section.
Channelling greater forces and helping to create a cleaner foil, further advantages are the reduced stretch and the fact that the Flux will maintain a better wing shape over its lifespan.
The capacity of this wing is almost endless by today’s standards. You simply have to experience how it continues to hold and process more and more power, opening up your riding potential beyond comparison.
The Flux is for riders who want to get up to blistering speeds and enjoy staggering aerodynamic performance, for jumping, carving, wave riding, racing and everything in between.
The Flux V1 is designed with the best materials in a high aspect ratio and swept leading edge planform to deliver explicit new levels of speed and control.
WHAT YOU FEEL:
- Secure, in control, and ready to push it!
- Big wind range! Very good power generation in light wind conditions while being easy to handle in high winds
- Less drag and better stability for over-head manoeuvres such as tacks and gybes
- Excellent back-winging ability due to tight sail
- Excellent racing performance; fast, powerful, max upwind and downwind angles
- Good jumping performance with excellent speed and power into the boost and lift on the glide down
- Super stable with low drag for wave riding
- Higher performance, less physical demands
WHY YOU FEEL IT:
- High Aspect ratio design with swept leading edge planform
- Reduced span in the larger sizes to keep wing tips from interfering with water surface
- Pre-loaded leading edge with optimised sail shaping for a tighter canopy
- Horizontal canopy panels and adjoining seams optimise load distribution through warp and weft of the material, improving feeling and reducing material stretch
- New, stronger canopy material used along the leading and trailing edge to reduce canopy stretch which results in a better shape of the wing over its lifespan
- Optimised window position for yours and other riders’ safety
- The leading edge and strut are made from a performance Dacron that’s 20% lighter than conventional Dacron
- Ergonomically angled, rigid carbon handles with EVA grip
- Soft bumper on front handle mount to protect your board and head
- Knuckle-guard on leading edge de-power/surf handle
- Lightweight anti-flap fibreglass battens reduce canopy flutter on trailing edge
- Factory Ownership Advantage – Ozone uniquely owns its own factory where all kites, wings, boards, hydrofoils, paragliders, speed wings and accessories are made. Guaranteeing hand checked quality control and the finest materials at every step, there are also excellent working conditions for all 1000 employees.
- Designed With OZ-CAD – The FUTURE is NOW – All Ozone kites are designed and developed using our own highly advanced custom built CAD software. Our designers are able to work with features specifically tailored to the unique forms and structures of technical Inflatable and foil kites. Part of our design team is dedicated to the upgrade of the CAD code and addition of new modules and features to the program as the development of our kites continues.
- Pre-Loaded Leading Edge – Using a performance Dacron material that is rigid and strong has allowed our designers to pre-load the leading edge and shape it to experience drastically less deformation under load. Combined with optimised sail shaping and horizontal panels for a tighter canopy, the Flux delivers huge aerodynamic performance gains.
- Rigid Power Handles – Ergonomically angled front and back carbon fibre handles with EVA grip provide maximum control and comfort with incredible feel and response. The front handle mount features a soft bumper to protect your head and board during water starts.
- De-power/Surf Handle – The De-Power/Surf Handle at the front of the Leading Edge offers increased control when flying the wing single-handed and features a soft knuckle padding for extra comfort.
- 20% Lighter and Stiffer Performance Dacron – The 125g performance Dacron of the leading edge is also used in the strut. Combined with the new rigid handles, the connection levels feel like you’re part of the wind!
- Horizontal Panels-Horizontal canopy panels and adjoining seams optimise load distribution through warp and weft of the material, improving feeling and reducing material stretch.
- Easy View Windows – Easy view windows on either side of the strut provide safety for you and others around.
- Anti Flap Fibreglass Battens – Fibreglass Battens strategically positioned along the Trailing Edge improve canopy tension and reduce flutter – enhancing performance, feedback to the rider and reducing canopy material wear.
- Overlap Flat Seams – Overlap flat seam construction improves sail control resulting in an overall cleaner canopy.
- Fast Flow Air Valves – Fast Flow Air Valves on both the Leading Edge and Strut makes inflation, deflation and packing a breeze.
- Unique bladder construction – Our bladders are constructed in-house with advanced custom built welding machines. Double layered sections are applied to any potential wear areas.
- Reinforced Leading Edge and Strut – The Leading Edge and Struts are reinforced in high stress areas to ensure the kite canopy remains in shape and performs at its best.
- Internal reinforcements – What’s on the inside counts too – internal reinforcements for improved strength and durability; such as a Double layered Dacron + Insignia taped Leading Edge closing seam with high strength threads.
- Direct Connect Struts – Our Direct Connect construction method improves load distribution between the Leading Edge, Struts and Canopy. The Struts are connected directly to the Leading Edge with internal reinforcements and external webbing. This unique construction method ensures clean profiles are maintained with the optimum canopy tension
- Low profile aerodynamic Scuff Pads – Leading Edge bumpers are often large and unnecessary cosmetic items. At Ozone we build our kites for performance and durability using the best materials & components available. Any areas requiring scuff protection we use a lightweight durable material with superior abrasion resistance, while keeping a low profile in order to reduce drag and maintain performance.
- Harness Line Connection – A harness line can be attached around the handle mounts or tube for customised rider preference.
- Swivel Leash Line – The Leash Line features a strong Dyneema line with internal bungee core and an ultra light Stainless Steel swivel to keep the leash twist free. It connects to the wings Leading Edge via a loop-to-loop connection and can easily be removed if necessary.
- Wing Waist Strap – The Waist Strap is slim and lightweight with a strong buckle closure and size adjustment buckle. It connects to the Leash Line via a loop-to-loop connection. If you become overpowered or lose control let go of the wing and it will de-power on the Leash Line. Our wings ship standard with a Waist Strap pre-attached to the Leash Line.
- Wing Quick Release – The easy to use Quick Release is for riders who prefer extra security to detach from the wing in a fast and easy way. It is compatible with the Wing Waist Leash or a harness. The Wing Quick Release is sold separately.
|Number of cells
|Projected Area (m2)
|Root Chord (mm)
|Inflation Pressure LE (PSI)
|Inflation Pressure Strut (PSI)